Re: Permissions Problem

Mark Neidorff wrote:
> You are trying to install a RedHat Enterprise Linux package on
> Debian. This can be a problem if the user numbers that Debian and
> Redhat either conflict or if RedHat makes different assumptions about
> user numbers than Debian does.  Can you get a Debian package for ecce?

<http://ecce.emsl.pnl.gov/>

The fact that that the "installer" is a csh script is a bad sign (as is
the fact that there is an "installer" at all).  If possible get the bare
rpm package and install it with alien.  I'd suggest building from source
but I suspect that the build system is a nightmare (and probably also a
csh script, but I repeat myself).

--
John Hasler