HD Permissions Problem

Debian 6.0.5 (64 bit)/KDE 4.4.5

For reasons lost to antiquity, I have 4 HD's on my system. Unfortunately, the installer only found one of them, sda1, where the distribution is installed. Of course, other utilities found all of the drives and I have edited /etc/fstab and / to account for all of the drives. I have two problems for which I would like solutions:

Problem #1. How do I give users on the system access to the drives? At this point only root has access privileges.

Problem #2. One of the drives is formatted in the reisefs. The system doesn't recognize that fs. I suppose I could reformat the drive as ext3 or ext4, but I really don't want to lose the contents.

Many thanks in advance.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.           Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry           Stochastic and multivariate