Re: Debian Squeeze Installer: HTTP proxy server to access outside world?

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:08 PM, staticsafe <me@staticsafe.ca> wrote:
> On 10/12/2012 23:05, Wally Lepore wrote:
>> Hi Debain Users,
>>
>> I am nearing the final parts of my Debian 'Squeeze' install and I'm at
>> the part (after installing the base system) that says:
>>
>> -begin-
>>
>> If you need to use a HTTP to access the outside world, enter the proxy
>> information here. Otherwise, leave this blank.
>>
>> -end-
>>
>> I have already have basic ethernet internet connection hooked up to my
>> system. Do I just leave this blank and continue on?
>>
>> Thank you
>>

> Yes. Unless you used HTTP proxy before to access the internet.

Hi staticsafe,

Thank you. I have no idea if my internet provider is making me use a
proxy server to access the net. I'm a home user and have been using
the net for years. I just left the proxy info box "blank" and moved
on. The install process continued to a point where it asked me if I
want to install additional software. I left the default checked
(Graphical Desktop and Utilities) and clicked continue.

The installer is now installing over 1000 files of additional software
components. I'm not sure if this part of the installer is downloading
the files off the internet or from the CD.

I guess I'll soon find out. Installer continuing...... Thank you for your help.