Partition Scheme for installing Debian Squeeze

Hi Debian users.

I have downloaded the netinst iso file and verified the file using
MD5SUM and it passed. I burned the netinst iso image to a CD
successfully, booted to the CD and I am currently installing Debian
Squeeze. I will be installing debian to its own hard disk in a dual
boot set-up.

I have an 80 gig Western Digital Hard disk with Windows installed. The
windows disk has been backed up and the jumper is set as 'Master'. I
am not installing or changing anything on this 'windows' disk. I will
install Debian squeeze 'netinst' to a separate 80 gig Western Digital
Hard disk. The jumper is set as 'Slave'. Both disks are on the same
ribbon cable and plugged into the primary IDE slot on my motherboard.

I am at the critical point in the installation process known as the
partition set-up. I have chosen 'manual' set-up for the partitions and
have arrived at the part where its asking me to partition the 2nd hard
disk (sdb). I have not advanced through this section therefore I do
not know what questions will arrive next. I don't want to mess this
up. I will be installing debian-squeeze to its own hard disk (sdb) in
a dual boot set-up.

An interesting side note: Both identical drives are 'Enhanced IDE'
drives (EIDE). However for some reason during the debian set-up, the
installer identified them as SCSI drives and labeled them as follows

SCSI1 (0,0,0) (sda) -80.0 GB ATA WDC [serial number]
SCSI1 (0,1,0) (sdb) -80.0 GB ATA WDC [serial number]

Question #1 please:
Is this SCSI labeling something I can ignore? I continued on and moved
forward to the partition section (where I'm at now) with no issues.

I am primarily utilizing the set-up instructions for debian squeeze here:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/

and currently reading:
Section 6.3.3. titled, 'Partitioning and Mount Point Selection'
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch06s03.html.en

I will also be utilizing this set-up for dual boot utilizing two
separate hard disks:
page 1: http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2012/07/23/dual-boot-ubuntu-12-04-and-windows-7-on-a-computer-with-2-hard-drives/
page 2: http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2012/07/23/dual-boot-ubuntu-12-04-and-windows-7-on-a-computer-with-2-hard-drives/2/

I will install the /boot directory to the 2nd hard disk (sdb). Doing
so, will allow me to view a menu at start-up asking which operating
system I want to boot (Windows or Debian). This will be accomplished
by changing the boot order in my BIOS to boot the 2nd hard disk (sdb).
I already tested this procedure using two hard disks each with windows
installed. With the boot order (in BIOS) changed as previously
described, I successfully booted to the 2nd hard disk (sdb). This 2nd
hard disk (sdb) is set to 'slave' on the same 40 pin ribbon cable as
the 1st hard disk (sda).

My partition scheme (that I have not set-up yet and based somewhat on
the above link) will be as follows:

1st Partition -- Boot Partition
/boot    -- Type: Primary -- 500MB -- Ext4 journaling file system --
Location: Beginning

Second Partition -- Root Partition
/          -- Type: Logical -- 15000MB -- Ext4 journaling file system
-- Location: Beginning

3rd Partition -- Home Partition
/home  -- Type: Logical -- 60000MB -- Ext4 journaling file system --
Location: Beginning

SWAP Area
Swap   -- Type: Logical -- 2000MB  -- Ext4 journaling file system --
Location: Beginning

Question #2 please:
Is this an acceptable partition set-up? Based on a disk capacity of 80
gigs, are the allotted partition sizes acceptable?  Any suggestions
please ?

I am also 'meticulously' reading the debian install instructions as
well and Debian mentions other available directories such as:
dev, lib, opt, var, usr, sys --- etc. Please see the list of
additional directories:
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/apcs02.html.en

Question #3 please:
I am not sure if I need to include 'any' of these additional
directories (listed above) in my partition scheme. I am also studying
the following programming languages:  'C' then C++ and Object 'C' and
would like to know if I need to include any additional
directories/partitions (from the list above) for my 'programming'
needs.

System specs:

iWill DVD266R motherboard
'Dual' Pentium III cpu's (1 GHz each) Total: 2 GHz
1 gig DDR memory
CD-R/RW
DVD - R/RW

Thank you very much