Re: Installation problem on Dell Latitude D810

On Sun, Oct 07, 2012 at 08:38:14PM +0200, Cesar Enrique Garcia Dabo wrote:

>  Thanks a lot!
>  I have now successfully installed  Debian with image firmware-6.0.6-amd64-
> i386-netinst.iso and it works fine. I used that because I read that my wifi card
> needs non free firmware. However the WLAN configuration didn't work. The card
> was detected but when trying to look for access points it wouldn't find any.
>  I ended up using the ethernet cable, but is it normal that it cannot find any
> wlan network? The firmware seems to be installed, at least it asked to agree on
> the license...
>  Regards,
>  Enrique

I've installed Debian on a Dell d420 and a d620, and the wifi and
everything worked awesome right out of the box, without adding non-free
firmware, even.

weird...
Or maybe just the older hardware doesn't require newer/non-free
firmware?

./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me