Re: Persistent MySQL Process

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 5:11 AM, Daniel Latter <dan.latter@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 9 October 2012 02:00:02 UTC+1, Christofer C. Bell  wrote:
>>
>> Do you by any chance use KDE?
>>

> I do not use KDE myself but my colleague does, but its just to browse to a web address, can I ask what you are alluding to?

KDE depends on MySQL embedded for Akonadai, Nepomuk, and Amarok.
Normal use of KDE will cause a mysqld process to be running on your
machine, one that is not started via the system init scripts (and that
runs as your user).  I was thinking this might be why your system is
running MySQL without your explicit knowledge.

--
Chris