Re: Trying to install a package on a Lenny system : what url do I need on my sources.list ?

Brian wrote:
On Wed 03 Oct 2012 at 19:23:52 +0200, Bernard wrote:

I still have an old Lenny system on which I wish to install the
'testdisk' package.

'apt-get install' says that it cannot get the necessary files.

I know that Lenny is no longer maintained, but I suppose that there
is a repository where the old packages are still available.

Could someone tell me what address I should put in my source.list so
as to be able to install the desired package ?  Alternatively, where
could I possibly find an appropriate 'testdisk.deb' file that I
could install using 'dpkg -i mypackage.deb' ?

You have this to help with sources.list:

   http://www.debian.org/distrib/archive

Or there is

   http://snapshot.debian.org

Thanks a lot for this useful info