Re: tmux and at

> On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 10:10:00PM +0200, lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> can someone verify that when you create an at job from within a terminal (rxvt)
>> in tmux, you get sent an email with
>>

>> ,----
>> | sh: 16: cs-window-active=10: not found
>> | sh: 16: export: cs-window-active: bad variable name
>> `----
>>

>> instead of that the job is executed as it's supposed to because
>> apparently tmux sets an environment variable called "cs-window-active"?
>
> Well, not quite the same situation here: putty -> tmux instead of your
> rxvt -> tmux, but I don't THINK the terminal is at fault here
> (especially as you've said you've run at from within a bare rxvt).

Whatever sets this variable, it seems to cause trouble.  Do you have
this variable set, too?

> You might want to look at your tmux.conf to see if you've got a bad line
> in there, or you've "setenv"d something when you actually meant to
> use it plain.

My ~/.tmux.conf has only three lines yet, and since the variable is set
only in shells in tmux, I guess tmux sets it.

> As for the specific problem, I believe dashes aren't allowed in variable
> names. When 'at' was invoked, it copied in your environment so that the
> script you gave it could be run fairly similarly. When the time arrives,
> it tries to set those values again but, as you can see, borks.

Ok if dashes aren't allowed and tmux sets a variable the name of which
has dashes in it, then it would be tmux that needs to be fixed.

Hmmm, this is really strange:  When I google for "cs-window-active", it
seems to come from fvwm-crystal.  I don't have fvwm-crystal installed
anymore.  Why would tmux pull that in somehow?

--
Debian testing iad96 brokenarch