Screen Aspect Ratio

Debian 6.0.5 64 bit/KDE 4.4.5

As a result of my stupidity in attempting to modify the screen drivers I have managed to change my display into something really ugly.

The aspect ratio is off and the number of available fonts is really limited. (I also have OpenSUSE 12.2 on another HD and the screen is normal, leading me to conclude that the problem lies in Debian)

I have switched to Debian and am wondering what display utilities are available? Google hasn't been on any help

Thanks in advance.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.          Life is a fuzzy set
Foundation for Chemistry          Stochastic and multivariate