qnap server: moving to raid

Hi,

At the moment I've a Qnap 109 II nas server with Debian Sqeeuze installed. Now I want to be able to mirror the drives, so I've basically a backup of my backup. That's why I bought an Qnap 209 II on ebay. On the 109 I've put pretty some efforts to get is all up and running.

1) What do I need, raid 0, 1, ... and where to look at during installation of Debian?

2) What is the best way to move the existing 109 500 Gb installation, to the 1Tb qnap 209 server?

Thanks in advance,
Dirk