Re: Server upgrade to wheezy failed

On Mon, 01 Oct 2012 10:12:35 -0400, Tom H wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 9:05 AM, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@topoi.pooq.com>
> wrote:

>>> I see.  I should try ifconfig for this.  Just saying
>>>
>>> ifconfig
>>>
>>> shows me no interfaces, but that just means they're down.
>>> I should try ifconfig -a, and it should show me the missing ones.
>>>
>>> And then
>>>
>>> ifconfig eth0 up ifconfig eth1 up
>>
>> And indeed, ifconfig eth0 up and ifconfig eth1 up did the trick.
>>
>> But it didn't solve the package dependency problems.
>>
>> Being unable to run the 3.x kernel has probably cause some system-level
>> packages to remain unconfigured.
>>
>> Even apt-get -f install didn't help.  It fails on the first package it
>> tries to install.
>
> Do you have both of wheezy's kernel and udev packages installed are are
> you trying to boot the wheezy kernel with the squeeze udev?

I have both of wheezy's kernel and udev packages installed.  When I
installed the wheezy kernel, it did not delete the squeeze kernel.  I'dd
have to do that explicitly.

I cannot boot the wheezy kernel at all.

I can boot the squeeze kernel, but it doesn't work very well with  the
wheezy udev, though it does limp along.

I have another partition somewhere else that contains an up-to-date
squeeze system.  That one still works fine, and I am still using it for
production.  I'd like to use wheezy for production.

-- hendrik