Re: mutt - can't copy message, other weirdness

On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 09:56:47AM -0400, Tony Baldwin wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 09:53:45AM -0400, Tony Baldwin wrote:
> > This is weird.
> > I have mutt on my main box, running squeeze (amd64, blah blah),
> > and on several accounts (one at gmx.com, one at gmail, and one on one of my own servers,
> > this one, tony@tonybaldwin.org).
> > I can't open any new messages, and they show without a subject.
> > When I try to open messages, I just get an error,"Can't copy message".
> >
> > Now, I have the same three accounts set up with mutt on two servers also running
> > squeeze (one is a little celeron 3.2ghz here in my office, and the other on linode),
> > and they're all working fine (using the little celeron "server" in my office at this moment).
> >
> > So, clearly, the problem shouldn't be mutt or squeeze, but something going on
> > on the main box (the amd64/squeeze box).
> >
> > How would I even go about beginning to diagnose this problem?
>
> I probably should have specified that all 3 accounts are using IMAP, not POP3,
> as well.
> Also, as mentioned, I can access them with mutt on other machines,
> and also online or with other muas (iceape or icedove) without issue,
> so, the problem is definitely at my end, and specifically with mutt,
> but specifically on the one machine, since mutt works fine with these accts. on other machines.

Sorry to keep piling on the same thread, but it occurs to me that I should also mention:
I did do a bit of googling and duckduckgoing on this, but everything I can find with
"imap, can't copy message" is for tbird, kmail, etc., so I haven't delved into that.

./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me
all tony, all the time