mutt - can't copy message, other weirdness

This is weird.
I have mutt on my main box, running squeeze (amd64, blah blah),
and on several accounts (one at gmx.com, one at gmail, and one on one of my own servers,
this one, tony@tonybaldwin.org).
I can't open any new messages, and they show without a subject.
When I try to open messages, I just get an error,"Can't copy message".

Now, I have the same three accounts set up with mutt on two servers also running
squeeze (one is a little celeron 3.2ghz here in my office, and the other on linode),
and they're all working fine (using the little celeron "server" in my office at this moment).

So, clearly, the problem shouldn't be mutt or squeeze, but something going on
on the main box (the amd64/squeeze box).

How would I even go about beginning to diagnose this problem?

Thanks,
Tony Baldwin
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me