Re: IA64 or AMD64?

----- Original Message -----

>> You are either:
>>
>> 1.  Horribly lazy
>> 2.  Incompetent

> Stan, just my personal opinion but I think there's no need (and no gain)
> to say this on the list

I agree. I find this list to be very helpful but lately there seems to have been a lot of unnecessary hostility on the list. This is counter-productive as some users may get the impression that the list is hijacked by angry people who are just waiting for an opportunity to jump on anyone they (wrongly) perceive as "lazy", "incompetent" or whatever.

If someone deems a question "stupid" and below his level of expertise one can always ignore the question, as there is no obligation for anyone to answer any questions on this list. Perhaps someone else will give a simple answer to a simple/"stupid" question without any of the name calling.