Re: IA64 or AMD64?

On Thu, 20 Sep 2012 16:04:50 -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> On 9/20/2012 2:44 AM, Mauro wrote:
>> Hello.
>> I have a HP proliant DL580 G5 server with 4 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7330
>>  @ 2.40GHz processors.
>> What architecture port I've to install, IA64 or AMD64? Thank you.
>
> This may be a bit harsh, but it's the glaring truth:  your employer
> should fire you and hire someone qualified to do your job.  The answer
> you seek is only one click deep from the Debian home page, under the
> "Support" heading on the right side of the page:

(...)

> You are either:
>
> 1.  Horribly lazy
> 2.  Incompetent

Stan, just my personal opinion but I think there's no need (and no gain)
to say this on the list. We all can think whatever we want -and we can be
wrong or right as we don't have all the details over the table- but it's
rather discourteous to tell a user about what you estimate his/her skills
are or aren't. That's simply out of place.

I know that your comments are always in this line, thus I'm not surpised,
but maybe others are not aware of your peculiar "writing style".

Greetings,

--
Camaleón