Re: Installation

"Christofer C. Bell" <christofer.c.bell@gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 8:55 PM, lee <lee@yun.yagibdah.de> wrote:
>> "Christofer C. Bell" <christofer.c.bell@gmail.com> writes:

>>> The desert island situation is not only *not* the most likely one to
>>> have *it simply doesn't happen*.
>>
>> It's the most likely one you will have.
>
> You're flat wrong, as has been pointed out by multiple people.  That
> you assert otherwise, like a broken record, does not change how wrong
> you are.

That you or other people say that I'm wrong doesn't mean that I am.  Can
you prove that everyone who might install an OS on a computer always has
another, working one at their disposal when they do that?  It's an
unreasonable assumption that they do, and simply by not having that
myself, I've already proven you wrong.  It also seems far more likely
that most of the people who do have a computer have only one and not
several.  So how likely is it that they suddenly have several when
installing on OS?  Computers don't just suddenly appear out of nothing
when someone installs an OS.

>> No, I merely gave some example questions a clueless users might ask
>> which could come up when they are reading the insufficient and confusing
>> text weaver suggested to put into the D/i.  I didn't suggest anywhere to
>> answer them anywhere in the installer.  If you read carefully, you may
>> find out that I assume that the D/i installer is not the right place to
>> be for people who need ask what a partition or what partitioning means
>> since my first comment in this thread.
>
> No, what you keep posting are walls of text to browbeat people into
> agreeing with you.

By all means, please ignore my posts when they appear as nothing but
walls of text to you.

> Your contention that you've *not* assumed that "D/i installer is not
> hte right place to be for people who need to ask what a partition or
> what partitioning means from since [your] first comment in this
> thread," is flat wrong.

Just read carefully and provide a quote where I proposed to use the
Debian installer to educate clueless users to make educated decisions
about partitioning.

> Your ideas have been heard, considered, disagreed with, and rejected.

It seems that what I've been suggesting already does exist.  It probably
existed before this discussion started.  How is that possible when my
ideas are so disagreeable and so rejected?

--
Debian testing amd64