Ignore package dependency ruby.

Hiya

I need to install puppet on one of my machines. Problem is, I already have Ruby Enterprise, and i don't want to have both on the same machine.

If you see the following:

num-web01:/tmp# aptitude -t squeeze-backports install puppet facter git-core
augeas-lenses{a} debconf-utils{a} facter libaugeas-ruby1.8{a} libaugeas0{a} libruby{a} libruby1.8{a} libshadow-ruby1.8{a} puppet puppet-common{a} ruby{a} ruby-json{a} ruby1.8{a}
  git-core
1 packages upgraded, 13 newly installed, 0 to remove and 51 not upgraded.

Ruby is looking to be pulled in.

Would anyone know of a way to exclude / ignore Ruby?

Kind Regards
Brent Clark