Re: Installation

Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

> On Lu, 10 sep 12, 21:06:33, lee wrote:
>> David Cho-Lerat <david.lerat@asterion.fr> writes:
>> >>
>> > that's called "Debian Live" : http://live.debian.net/
>>
>> When it already exists, why isn't that part of the installer?
>
> It's a live system, how could it be part of the installer?

The question is not what is part of what, the question is what is
needed. Since you need a working computer to install an OS on a
computer, why can't we have that with an installation media so we can
switch between the actual installer and the working system simply by
pressing a key/button?

When the actual installer asks me a question I cannot answer or when I
find out I need to download something to proceed with the installation,
I can just switch to the working system and google for an answer or
download what I need. That's basically what the working system needs to
provide me with; I don't need to run gimp or to compile emacs on it.

--
Debian testing amd64