Re: systemd

Am Freitag, 7. September 2012 schrieb Henrique de Moraes Holschuh:
> On Fri, 07 Sep 2012, Jon Dowland wrote:
> > If you are determined to avoid Lennart's code, you're going to have
>
> > stop running the Linux kernel:
>
> Kernel patches from Lennart were properly reviewed, and accepted only
> after the maintainers and subsystem maintainers approved them as an
> acceptable solution for the general problem they were supposed to be
> addressing.
>
> Lennart would not be able to easily push random crap to the kernel
> upstream even if he tried to.  It is a very different situation from
> userland.

Just a short look at

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/

and

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/log/

shows that Lennart is not the only one committing stuff to systemd.

Kay Sievers AFAIK does udev stuff. Tollef Fog Heen contributes to the
systemd debian package.

And there are quite some others.

Granted, it seems that Lennart does most of the commits, so thats still a
different situation than with the Linux kernel, but still it does not seem
to be a one man show. Especially when going a bit back August this year in
the log.

That written just from a quick glimpse. There are visualizition and
statistic tools available to further verify or falsify my current thesis
that systemd has quite some contributors.