Re: how to configure contrast buttons on Squeeze laptops ?

Le 04/09/2012 17:49, Chris Bannister a écrit :
On Tue, Sep 04, 2012 at 11:21:59AM +0200, David Cho-Lerat wrote:
Hi list,

I've installed Squeeze on 3 different laptops recently :
a Dell, a Packard Bell and a Toshiba. On the Dell, the
contrast buttons work : I can press "Fn" + "Up"/"Down"
to set the screen contrast level.

On the  others, though, they don't (in addition, on the
Toshiba the "mute" key doesn't work either).
Laptops can be problematic and each model may require specific
configuration changes.

The best place for laptop related discussion is
debian-laptop@lists.debian.org

thanks, I'll submit it there once I've tried "nouveau" : on yet another
laptop the contrast settings work, and it's a Squeeze with the "nouveau"
driver.