Re: alsa-base breaks linux-sound-base

On Lu, 03 sep 12, 16:22:25, lee wrote:

> Ok, how do I find out which packages from Debian-MM are actually
> installed and what their Debian-MM-team replacements are?

    aptitude search ~S~i~OMultimedia

Will show you which packages you have from deb-multimedia.org. However,
the Debian replacements only differ in version and because dmo packages
are using epochs apt will treat them as downgrades :(

I used aptitude's interactive mode to force installation of the debian
version and then pinned dmo to 100 to prevent automatic installations
from it, but still allow upgrades of installed packages (same as
backports).

You can also replace the 'search' above with 'purge' (or 'remove'),
remove dmo from sources.list (or pin it to 100) and then install the
packages you need. This time they will be pulled from Debian
repositories.

Kind regards,
Andrei