Re: Epson Perfection V100 scanner

On Sat, 01 Sep 2012 13:14:42 -0400, brian wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get an Epson Perfection V100 Photo scanner working
> reliably with Debian SID?
>
> I have the drivers from Epson's Japanese site, I've made the appropriate
> tweaks to the configuration file to add the scanner and manufacturer ID,
> and the scanner works just fine - for between two and five pages, when
> it locks solid, and I have to exit the program and reboot the scanner to
> get it to work again.
>
> I've tested the scanner on a Windows XP box and it works just fine on
> there, so it's not the scanner itself which is the problem.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

A couple of hints:

1/ That you try with the latest drivers available (iscan 2.29.1 and iscan-
data 1.17.0) which were released a day ago. The plugin package for your
scanner model is older (12/2011). If you already have those installed,
then forget it.

2/ That you try to use a different program for acquiring the images
(e.g., The GIMP or any other app that supports TWAIN) to check if it
crashes in the same way.

And remember there's also the "sane-devel" mailing list which I think is
worth a try:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/

Greetings,

--