Re: Re: upgrading to wheezy: punctual list of issues

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:59:00PM -0300, Dr Beco wrote:
> songbird wrote:
> >   does update-grub as root accomplish anything?
> >
> >   check the release notes (in progress) at:
> >
> >     http://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/releasenotes
> >
> >   for your architecture.
> >
> >   songbird
>

> Yep! Thanks! Now I got a very nice kernel panic, but booted 3.2!

It would be good to find out why.

> I will reinstall from scratch. There is no point in fighting against a
> kernel panic.

Please don't. The reason you are running wheezy (aka testing) is to test
it for the next stable release (well that is supposed to be the reason
to run testing), so if you find any problems it is a good idea to sort
it out, whether it is a documentation problem for an issue to be aware
of when upgrading, or a latent bug you have discovered.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X