Re: How upstart-job is performing in debian system ?

On Sat, 01 Sep 2012 10:12:20 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 02:48:11PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> With my admin's hat on, I prefer the old and well-know sysvinit because
>> I don't need anything special for the booting process but I understand
>> that people with specific requirements (or those called "early
>> adopters") are awaiting for a change.
>
> If you had a maintainer's hat to put on, then you most likely would have
> a different opinion. I'm not a maintainer, but from what I've read and
> AFAIU, its not an admin issue.

(...)

Exactly.

And given that I wear my admin hat (I'm not a developer nor software
packager) what worries me is having my systems up and running, and most
important, knowing the ways for having my systems up and running without
needing to read a new "init" manual every 2/3 years. That's why neither
systemd nor upstart are (at least for now) my business.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón