Re: OpenVPN

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 14:16:07 -0700
cletusjenkins <cletusjenkins@zoho.com> wrote:

> Does
> using the gui normally work?

Yes, as I posted earlier, I use Network Manager on a now somewhat old
Ubuntu to connect to OpenVPN on squeeze. I mostly use it at free WiFi
locations, to route traffic through my home server. But I did have the
advantage of installing and configuring the server as well as the
clients, and could connect them with Ethernet cables until all was well.

OpenVPN is one of those things where a large number of ducks need to be
carefully aligned before it works. After that, it Just Works forever,
or at least until the certificates expire.

--
Joe