Re: Setting up to do repetitive installs on ONE machine (cf BabelBox)

Rob Owens wrote:
[snip]
Now you can use virtual machines instead of real machines to set up your
local network.  It works the same as I described above.  You will need
to read up a bit on the networking options that Virtualbox provides.
I think you want "bridged networking", but it's been a while since I've
used it. [snip]

From http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch06.html
"Host-only networking
This can be used to create a network containing the host and a set of virtual machines, without the need for the host's physical network interface. Instead, a virtual network interface (similar to a loopback interface) is created on the host, providing connectivity among virtual machines and the host."

This seems to be a better description of my mental image of my project.

While searching out links re structure of Debian repositories and *.deb files, I came across the "REPREPRO" man page. It hints that some of my early ideas *MIGHT* be workable.

Have fun practicing networking!

My goal is taming  computers ;)

Thanks