Re: need kernel update for lenny ..

(snip)
In the second link, someone told that the problem may solved in the
kernel 2.6.30.

I tried to upgrade to the latest kernel via:

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-archive/debian/ lenny main
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-archive/debian/ lenny main

and

aptitude update
aptitude safe-upgrade

but I had no luck, nothing to upgrade.
No, of couse, because as it happens with any "stable" release, Lenny did
not provide a kernel upgrade (other than patches) from their usual repo.

I don't recall what was the last backported kernel available for Lenny
but this would be the easier solution.

Probably doesn't help that Lenny's out of the support cycle. According to Wikipedia anyway. I believe that means there hasn't been a single update since this February and there will never be any further updates for Lenny beyond "upgrade to Squeeze/Wheezy.

(snip)