Re: How to mount .ccd image under GNOME?

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 09:07:46 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

(...)

>> If the content of the original CCD file was protected then ccd2iso may
>> have problems for doing the conversion.
>>
>>> With the proposed .img files, I have for example $ file
>>> debian-live-6.0.4-i386-standard.img
>>> debian-live-6.0.4-i386-standard.img: x86 boot sector; partition 1:
>>> ID=0x6, active, starthead 0, startsector 1, 587775 sectors, code
>>> offset 0x31
>>
>> (...)
>>
>> Well, what you had to do with the ".img" file is convert it to ISO
>> using ccd2iso to check if that works and thus discard a problem within
>> the application ;-)

> After having ccd2iso'ed fv.img,

Wait... it was a ".ccd" file, not ".img" :-?

And how exactly did you manage to run ccd2iso, wasn't it failing?

> resulting in a fv.iso file, mounting the iso file in e.g. /mnt results
> in an empty /mnt.

Any error displayed in the mounting process? How exactly did you mount it?

> That is, it looks like the iso file is not supported! What can I do
> next?

Can't tell, this sounds very odd. But I still suspect the original CCD
image integrates some kind of anti-piracy protection measure (DRM) that
is preventing from a normal operation.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón