Re: Setting up to do repetitive installs on ONE machine (cf BabelBox)

On Thu, 09 Aug 2012 16:03:57 -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:

> In any case with all packages locally available it speeds things up
> considerably for doing repeated installations.  It is actually kinder to
> the upstream file servers because I have many machines and am often
> doing many installations in rapid succession.
>
> In other words...  I recommend setting up a local network mirror instead
> of trying to use your 8 DVD images.  I think a local network mirror is
> easier.

If that's too hard for you (for me at least), try installing a local
squid server. It'll serve both the purpose of caching Debian packages, as
well as speed up your web browsing.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/