Re: alsa-base breaks linux-sound-base

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 16:10:03 +0200
Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:

> If package "linux-sound-base" has been dropped and this generates an
> error in your system, you better report it,

Thanks for this advice maybe I should report that when removing the
linux-sound-base and replacing it with alsa-base something comes muted in the
alsamixer(gui) that seemed to only be resolved with 'keyboard' comands mentioned in
the gui help menu. That's all I can tell you. Anyway I've got sound back now even
with alsamixergui set as before when sound was crippled after the changeover. I
think this was probably intentional as alsamixergui still starts always closed on
my 32bit version of Debian sid.

By the way, you don't know a way to change that do you? i.e. keep alsamixergui 'on'
all the time with the 32 bit Debian sid like it is on the 64 bit version.

well, just a thought.

--
CK