Re: apt-get update

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012 10:47:03 +0200, Dirk Hombrecher wrote:

> since yesterday I can't do apt-get update, either aptitude update
>
> following excerpt of messages in German
>
> Fehl http://debian.netcologne.de wheezy Release.gpg
>   Verbindung fehlgeschlagen
> Fehl http://ftp.de.debian.org wheezy Release.gpg
>   Verbindung fehlgeschlagen

Better if you get the output in English:

LANG=C apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

> Please advice,

If the above translates into "connection failed" or the like, it looks
like a network problem on your side or a transient error because both
hosts/files can be reached from here. Try later or choose a different
server.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón