Re: Standard for soft return by automatic word and line wrap

On Sat, 25 Aug 2012 17:51:57 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 15:07 +0000, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> > This line is ok, just the quoted text is borked.
>>
>> Well, I can see something wrong in your quotes. Have you tried to reply
>> to my post from Thunderbird?
>
> No. I wonder what's different now. I reply with the same Evolution, from
> the same Linux install and now the new quotes from your PAN text are ok.
> For the mails from a friend's Alpin I need to keep "preformatted" for
> the quotes, but I have to switch to "normal" for everything I write. If
> I don't switch to "normal" the lines are never ending. It seems to be
> the same for your PAN mails. But it happens automatically. The quotes
> are "preformatted", but if I add a line under a quote, the format
> automatically changes to "normal". Perhaps it's different for inline
> forwarded messages and other "things" I'm not aware of.

But choosing between styles (normal, preformatted, etc...) implies you
are replying using html format :-?

> I'll pay more attention in the future. Perhaps I'll recognize what will
> cause bad quotes.

For normal messages (not coming from a mailing list) I have noted that
Thunderbird, for instance, has some problems when it has to reply to e-
mails written from the iPhone: it simply gets a bit crazy, I have to
completely remove the original format and re-do the whole message.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón