Re: is there a way of getting back the original /etc/bind

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:10:45 -0700, Gary Kline wrote:

> Can someone send me a tarball of the original /etc/bind from my debian
> 6.0.5?  my old ubuntu server and otther hardware broke, and until I can
> get a new Dell, I want to put back my test [Debian] computer to its
> original state.

In addition to what others have suggested, you can also get it from here:

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/bind9

Scroll to down and select your architecture.

There's no need to install the package, a ".deb" file can be examined
using Midnight Commander or an archiver application that supports this
format so you can simly "extract" the desired data.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón