Re: How to enlarge LUKS partition ?

J. B:
> Jochen Spieker <ml@well-adjusted.de> wrote:
>
>> I'd use parted (without being a big friend of its interface).
>
> no luck with parted. It throws error "couldn't detect filesystem"

If you don't tell me what exactly you are doing, I cannot tell you what
you are doing wrong.

Anyway, a minute of googling suggests that parted cannot be used to do
what you want, I was wrong about that. But the Ubuntu formums have a
fairly extensive howto about topic:

If your filesystem is not system-essential you do not need to boot off a
live CD/DVD. And I would skip the step that involves creating a dummy
partition that gets overwritten with random data.

J.
--
My medicine shelf is my altar.
[Agree]   [Disagree]