Re: How to enlarge LUKS partition ?

J. B:

> Dear list,
>
> Is there anyone who is successful increasing LUKS partition ?
> I have 2 physical partitions /dev/sda1 and /dev/sda2.
> There is 800 GB free disk space (un-partitioned) between sda1 & sda2
> Whole /dev/sda2 is dedicated to a LUKS partition which holds a LVM.
> I have tried with gparted to increase /dev/sda2 but there is no support to increase luks.

You should be able to use any partitioning tool. AFAIK, gparted tries
not only to resize the partition, but containers and filesystems as
well. Without support for LVM, it apparently doesn't even try to resize
at least the partition.

> How can I increase sda2, so that I can later execute cryptsetup resize ?

I'd use parted (without being a big friend of its interface).

J.
--
I think the environment will be okay.
[Agree]   [Disagree]