Re: Long delay when shorewall/shorewall6 starts/stops

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 14:35:57 -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> This has bugged me on and off most of this year since for some reason
> that I can't find, the shorewall/shorewall6 startup scripts have a pause
> of about a minute before the system start/shutdown can continue.  Right
> now this affects both my desktop and laptop running Sid.

(...)

Google has found this, but not sure that's the cause of your delay
because looks like a corner case:

***
http://www.shorewall.net/3.0/FAQ.htm#faq62

(FAQ 62) I have unexplained 30-second pauses during "shorewall [re]
start". What causes that?

Answer: This usually happens when the firewall uses LDAP Authentication.
The solution is to list your LDAP server(s) as critical in /etc/shorewall/
routestopped.
***

In the FAQ, there are also some tips for speeding up the service:

http://www.shorewall.net/3.0/FAQ.htm#faq34

Greetings,

--
Camaleón