Re: Wheezy and Sun-Java

Hi Lou,

It looks like I got it. Reporting what I've done:

#update-alternatives --install
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so mozilla-javaplugin.so
/usr/lib/jvm/j2re1.7-oracle/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so 999

Now,

#update-alternatives --config mozilla-javaplugin.so

And choosing j2re1.7-oracle gives the Chrome Java Test a
congratulations, you've got the last java!

So it looks like Chrome just uses /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

Choosing java-7-openjdk-amd64, the test says Java 7 update 3.

And gives this message on top of the windows:

Could not load IcedTea-Web Plugin (using IcedTea-Web 1.2 (1.2-2)).

But, it works. And now the test result for my internet banking: It
works just fine with version 7 of openjdk! Yay!

Thanks guys,

--
Dr. Beco
A.I. research, Cognitive Scientist and Philosopher