Re: QSS button (Quick Security Setup)

Hi fellows,

> Thierry wrote:
> But, using a wired connection as in paragraph 3.1, 3.2, you should be able to
> use the QSS from the router thru your internet explorer as shown in 4.3 and
> later. Good luck!!!
> Thierry

Thierry, I don't have windows in this machine, neither internet
explorer (argh!), and the whole point of the button is to do a "quick"
setup without the need to know admin password, or even the very
wireless passphrase! So if I need to boot windows or use a wired
cable, it is not looking so "quick" anymore. :)

Darac, thanks, but I woudn't use brute force. I think "reaver" is more
like a tool to help in an inhospitable situation.

> Brian wrote:
> You install and set up wpasupplicant to do it.

After googling and researching I'm still in the dark. It looks like
this is the way to go. But I never used it before. Is it like a "PAM"
module that you set up in some config file?

This site tells a lot about configuration, but nothing about WPS or QSS.
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_install_wpa_supplicant
When using wpa_supplicant, the examples need a passphrase or password.

The man page also does not help:
http://linux.die.net/man/5/wpa_supplicant.conf

This site explains some config files in detail, but I still cant
figure out how to make this thing work.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/WPA_supplicant

I bet it is not that hard. After all, it is a quick setup! :)

Edited:
After trying wpa_cli, I could find a PBC push button! It connected my
netbook to the router (successful connection message) , but I received
no IP (IP field left blank).

Any ideas or site with some tutorial?

Thanks,
Beco.