Re: Wheezy and Sun-Java

On Fri, 17 Aug 2012 00:14:58 -0300, Dr Beco wrote:

Not at all :-)

> Dear Alex and Lou,
>
> You guys hit the money as broom yields honey!
>
> (Email to point another *good* SOLUTION to this problem)
>
> Download ".deb" package for sun-java here:
> https://github.com/rraptorr/oracle-java7 or here (old):
> https://github.com/rraptorr/sun-java6

Mmm... be very cautelous when installing packages from external sources.

> Or make your own package as explained here:
> http://sylvestre.ledru.info/blog/sylvestre/2012/02/29/java_package_replacement_of_sun_java6
>
> Just download the *.bin and use (for example): $make-jpkg
> ~/Downloads/jdk-6u31-linux-x64.bin

I wonder what's the deal in getting the file from Oracle site¹ and
follow the installation instructions. The only problem can be when
using a 64 bits OS or browser, otherwise there shouldn't be any
issue.

> I wonder, this solutions give us not only JDK or JRE, but also the
> plugin, don't they?

Can't tell, but it should be bundled with the package.

¹http://www.java.com/en/download/linux_manual.jsp?locale=en

Greetings,

--
Camaleón