Re: Wheezy and Sun-Java

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 07:42:06 -0500
John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> wrote:

Hello John,

>"JAVA" and "OPENJDK" are registered trademarks which were being
>rigorously enforced at the time the project started.  "Iced Tea" doesn't

I wasn't aware of that.  It explains a great deal.

>seem like such a bad mnemonic for "Java".

True, but from the new-comers POV, not necessarily an easy jump.  When I
had to drop Sun Java in favour of openjdk, I got lucky finding the
plug-in.

I don't remember what my search foo was, but it was obviously right on
the money that day.   ;-)

--
 Regards  _
Success defined by acquisition stinks