Re: Managing to get the 4 RAM GiB recognized easily

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 09:13:30PM +0300, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>On Mi, 15 aug 12, 05:12:46, Gary Dale wrote:

>> If your computer has a 64bit CPU, you could also install the 64bit
>> version of Debian over the existing. Just don't format your /home.

>Another option not mentioned yet is to install the -amd64 kernel
>(assuming the CPU supports it). Works just fine for me.

I tried this some time ago, but VirtualBox wouldn't run on 64-bit
kernel with 32-bit userland (on host). That's why I quickly switched
back to -bigmem/-pae kernel.

Maybe VirtualBox doesn't concern you, or it's changed since my tests.

--
Jacek Politowski