Re: Logging ISP Download Speed.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 20:52:59 -0700, Weaver wrote:

> What's the best programme to employ with regard to logging traffic speed
> from my ISP?

Well, there are online tests that you can run to measure your (up/down)
link speed:

http://www.speedtest.net/
http://www.ookla.com/demo-custom.php

> I want to log and then print out, so I can then forward the information
> with an ultimatum.

He, he... welcome to the club and good luck with your documented
complaint. At least here in Spain, ISPs do what they want and users are
only a PITA that pays a monthy bill but has little rights :-P

> I can't fail in a contract if they have, repeatedly, first. It's been
> going on for a year and I'm sick of being ripped off and having my
> intelligence insulted by entities that haven't out-grown their acne,
> that know no more of the situation than quoting their prepared lines
> from help-desk school at me.

You can also find more useful about your connection quality and other
technical measures from your DSL router itself. Depending on the model
you'll can find a precise activity log that will tell you the speed your
line is synced with the central telephone exchange and also when DSL
status is going down/up or about PPPoE errors.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón