Re: Off topic Gimp-2.8_Save and save as bad behavior

On 08/15/2012 12:22 AM, Chris Bannister wrote:
On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 03:58:55PM +0000, Camaleón wrote:
On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:32:10 +0200, maderios wrote:
This new Gimp's behaviour is not a bug but a (weird) developper's choice

Developer's choices can be changed when enough people think they're wrong
or simply badly put. That's when you can open a "wishlist" bug report to
politely ask for a review of the default settings.

In message http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2012/08/msg00713.html

I posted this link:
http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/gimp-2.8-understanding-ui-changes

That explains the changes fairly well.

Also this is makes an interesting point: (regarding Linux and choice)
http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2008-January/msg00861.html

Hi

Yes, I thought at first that we could arrange the problem and recoverer "a normal situation", that of gimp-2.6 and other text/picture editors, with reassigning shortcuts. I tried everything. Impossible. The problem is not some "hate" or some adaptation to new behavior. Gimp 2.8 is not unusable for me. It may be usable by non professional people. This not my case.
So back to 2.6 version

Regards
Maderios