Re: Logging ISP Download Speed.

On 08/15/2012 06:52 AM, Weaver wrote:
What's the best programme to employ with regard to logging traffic speed
from my ISP?

To achieve this, you will have to load continuously your connection in order to get the max reached. - If you do this (load test) on your gateway, your poor LAN users wont even be able to use the link. - If you wait for your users to benchload the link, that means you dont have QoS, then you'll have very bad end-result and very bad user feeling, because a minority will eat the bandwidth up. And at night, when no one is in the office, all computers off, you wont log anything... - If you ever test from one location (say one dedicated server to your gateway), you also will have to assume the server is not bandwidth overloaded, and has guaranteed bandwidth. If you cant assume that, your ISP will say "it's not me, your server is not bandwidth garanteed".

So, to me there is not real solution, but just complain in time when you need the bandwith and dont get it.

--
RMA.