RE: Logging ISP Download Speed.

Hi Weaver,

> What's the best programme to employ with regard to logging traffic speed from my ISP?

> I want to log and then print out, so I can then forward the information with an ultimatum.
> I can't fail in a contract if they have, repeatedly, first.
> It's been going on for a year and I'm sick of being ripped off and having my intelligence insulted by entities
> that haven't out-grown their acne, that know no more of the situation than quoting their
> prepared lines from help-desk school at me.
>
> Thanks for any time and trouble you may care to take.

I use munin to keep track of a lot of hardware related issues on my Linux machine, including ethX traffic info.
If you want to track the router stats and your router supports SNMP then you might also have a look at mrtg.
Both tools make graphs for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly data.

Yours sincerely,
Bonno Bloksma
senior systemadministrator

tio
university of applied sciences
julianalaan 9 / 7553 ab  hengelo
t +31 (0)74-255 06 10 / f +31 (0)74-255 06 11
The Netherlands
b.bloksma@tio.nl / www.tio.nl

Follow us at Twitter / Facebook / Hyves / YouTube