sometimes space does not work in knode

I am using knode as the news reader to read messages from this group via
gmane. I can use some help regarding the following issue.

If I am in the middle/beginning of a message, I can keep pressing space to
go to the end of the message and the next space key displays the next
message. Very convenient!

However, if I use mouse to scroll all the way down to the end of the message
and press space key, nothing happens. It does not advance to the next
message. I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug. Is any one else able
to reproduce this? Is there a way to get around this and make space advance
to the next message all the times?

I am using a mixture of stable + testing (Squeeze + Lenny), knode version
4.4.11, KDE 4.8.4,

$uname  -a
Linux kusumanchi.mae.cornell.edu 3.0.0-1-686-pae #1 SMP Sat Aug 27 16:41:03
UTC 2011 i686 GNU/Linux

thanks
raju
--