Re: Debian desktop news

On Sun, 2012-08-12 at 14:00 -0400, Stephen Allen wrote:
> I understand that most people don't like to adapt to new things and get
> set in their ways -- but if we all did that, no progress would ever be
> made.

Yesno. I still use the same forks and knives as I used in my childhood,
but in my childhood the television set was black and white, today it's a
color TV set.

> Tends to get worse as we age too

Yesno. It still belongs to the kind of progress.

> Ralf have you tried Cinnamon?

No, but I already checked if Mate and Cinnamon are available for
different distros. I won't be trapped by one distro. I switch distros,
when ever I guess that it's less work to get what I want.

Thank you for mention Cinnamon. I already heard about it, but Xfce and
LXDE seem to be the most common DEs for people who used GNOME2 in the
past and who are subscribed to Linux audio lists :).

At the moment I'll stay with Xfce.

Regards,
Ralf