Re: Off topic Gimp-2.8_Save and save as bad behavior

On Mon, 2012-08-13 at 02:19 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 08:30:55PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > For professional artists (music and drawing) Linux breaks the workflow
>
> Linux hasn't anything todo with this! GIMP is available for Windows as
> well.

I know, but in the early days GIMP couldn't compare with Photoshop and
later many users were not aware of GIMP, so pro users usually used
Photoshop. Btw. pro users did bought packages, usually they used a Mac
instead of Windows. However, GIMP is FLOSS.

> http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/gimp-2.8-understanding-ui-changes

I don't spend time to read this.

Graphic isn't that important to me as music is, anyway, a workflow is a
workflow, is a workflow.

People are pissed of Photoshop updates too, but since they pay for it,
they guess it's ok to suffer :D. FLOSS should be smarter and take care
about the users. If GIMP users should be consumers, then everything is
plausible. If GIMP is for professionals, than well, that's a serious
issue.

2 Cents,
Ralf