Re: BD-RE mount problem

Hi,

> > -    fd = open("/dev/sr0", O_RDWR);
> > +    fd = open("/dev/sr0", O_RDWR | O_NDELAY);

> open: fd= 3 , errno= 0
> write: ret= 2048 , errno= 0

This explains why xorriso or dvd+rw-format can open the drive
device file. (The failure to re-format is a different problem.)

> No one in Debian user has been able to shed any light on the problem.

I am not a kernel hacker, but rather a self-proclaimed expert for
optical drives and ISO 9660.

My best guess is that the kernel believes the medium is read-only
(like BD-ROM) and thus refuses any attempt to use it for writing
via the normal POSIX system interface.

But i do not know how to inquire the kernel's view on the medium.
The drive sees a BD-RE and has no scruples to write data to it.
But the kernel seems to see a problem with writing.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas