Re: Kernel Oops during/after rsync

Hello Camaleón,

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the Patrician III a stable pattern for the crash? I mean, is it always
> crashing when running it and it keeps stable when at the time the routine
> runs the computer is idle?

I am not entirely sure. So far, the computer crashed thrice during a
backup, and, at all times, Patrician III had been running. However,
I’ve been playing Patrician III for more than four weeks now (not all
that much to do at the moment…). Hence, I can say that, whenever the
computer crashed, Patrician III was running and a backup had just
finished, but there have been many more times when a backup succeeded
while Patrician III was running and the computer did not crash.

> Can you reproduce the bug from a Debian kernel? If yes, you can report it
> at the BTS; otherwise you can file a bug report upstream.

The kernel is compiled from Debian sources. I will see into running a
‘standard’ Debian kernel if the problem persists.

> Google points to some user reports about a hardware problem (memory) but of
> course, nothing conclusive.

I should have mentioned that running memtest86+ didn’t find any
problems :\

Best regards & thank you very much for your reply,

Claudius
--
              A board is the planck unit of boredom.
http://chubig.net                          telnet nightfall.org 4242